I absolutely LOVE this pesto recipe that I found when I did my 1st Whole30. I tweaked it a bit to fit my taste!
I make a big batch and then freeze half of it in an ice cube tray so I don’t have to stress out about it going bad!
- 2 Cups Packed of Fresh Basil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup of Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, Nutritional Yeast to taste
- Toast nuts in a pan over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, until light brown.
- Place all the ingredients, except spices, into a food processor and blend until well combined. If you want to change the consistency, add more olive oil.
- Once blended, add spices and nutritional yeast to taste.