I think I have finally perfected my roasted sweet potato recipe!
I loooove love sweet potatoes, so getting this recipe down right was CRUCIAL.
They’re savory and crispy on the outside and sweet and tender on the inside.
- 1 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450F (mine takes about 15 minutes…I need to buy a thermometer)
- Peel (or scrub really really well) sweet potatoes
- Slice into half inch slices
- Cut slices into fourths (so they come out like little triangles, pictured)
- Place in a bowl of water (room temperature/cold) for 30 minutes
- Drain water and pat dry
- Line a tray with parchment paper
- Spread sweet potatoes out on the tray (leaving some room to breath)
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Toss with hands until evenly coated
- Bake on top rack for 20 – 25 minutes (don’t touch them!)