I am currently on day 12 of my Whole30! This is the second time I have gone through it, and I love it. I’ll probably write about my experience with Whole30 in another post, but for now, here is what I have for breakfast most mornings. I prep on Sunday and it lasts me just about the whole work week. Slice, pack, pop in the toaster oven at work and enjoy.
Chicken Veggie Breakfast Frittata
- 4 Eggs + 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Sweet Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 5 Small Crimini Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 8 Pearl Tomatoes (Sliced in Half)
- 1 Thinly Sliced Russet Potato
- 3 Slices of Deli Sliced Chicken Breast
- Spices of Choice (I used Black Pepper, Salt, Tumeric, Paprika, Oregano and Basil)
- Sliced Chicken Breast Meat
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Slice potato into thin even slices (I used a mandoline slicer).
- Grease skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add potato slices and sautee until they’re a little translucent and cooked (10min).
- Set aside on a plate.
- Grease same skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for about 5 – 7 min.
- Add minced garlic and mushrooms and saute for another 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and spices and saute until the mushrooms are cooked. Place in a bowl.
- Dice your chicken and set aside.
- Grease the same skillet again and cover bottom with the potatoes slices.
- Add your sauteed veggies evenly over the potatoes.
- Add slices of chicken evenly over the veggies.
- Pour whisked eggs evenly on top of everything.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25min (or until toothpick comes out clean).